1. CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) Assignment Title: PROVISION OF EXTERNAL AUDIT SERVICES FOR THE TOBACCO COMMISSION Procurement Reference Number: FD/EX/22
The Tobacco Commission (TC) is a statutory corporation with the mandate to regulate the production and marketing of tobacco in Malawi as set out in the Tobacco Industry Act No.10 of 2019. As a statutory corporate body, the Commission subscribes to the principles of good corporate governance, openness, integrity and accountability, which are fundamental foundations on which effective organizations are built.
The Commission intends to apply part of its budgeted funds towards the cost of the provision of External Audit Services. In this regard, the Tobacco Commission invites suitably qualified firms to submit sealed expressions of interest for the provision of External Audit Services.
The Audit firm will be expected to have adequate professional personnel to manage the audit at the Tobacco Commission and provide professional advice on financial management.
The consulting services are for the annual audit of financial statements of the Tobacco Commission for the financial Years 1st April, 2022 to 31st March 2023; 1st April 2023 to 31st March 2024 and 1st April 2024 to 31st March 2025. These financial statements comprise a statement of financial position, a statement of comprehensive income, a statement of changes in equity and a statement of cash flows, including associated notes and disclosures.
The external auditors will be required to assess the financial statements and provide assurance that these have been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and the provisions of The Public Finance Management Act (2003). The auditors will also be required to assess the adequacy of the internal controls of TC such that based on these, the financial statements are free from material misstatement, whether due to fraud or error. The audit will be carried out in accordance with International Standards on Auditing (ISA).
The firm will be required to produce an audit report expressing opinion on the annual financial statements. The firm will also be required to prepare a Management letter to the Board’s Directors and Management on matters of concern.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the quality cost based selection (QCBS) method.
Expressions of interest will be evaluated in accordance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act of 2017 and Public Procurement Regulations 2020. Participation is open to all eligible bidders.
Interested consultants may obtain further information during office hours [07:30 to 16:30 hours (Malawi time)] from: The Human Resource & Office Services Manager, Telephone: +265 998 256 545
Expressions of interest must be deposited in the Tobacco Commission’s tender box using the address below at or before 14:00 hours on Friday, 18th March, 2022.
Att: The IPDC Chairperson
Post Office Box 40045
Kanengo, Lilongwe 4.
Along M1 Road
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Late submissions shall be rejected.
2. JOB VACANCY- TOBACCO CLASSIFIERS (SEASONAL)
To ensure that its mandate is carried out effectively and efficiently, the Tobacco Commission invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of Tobacco Classifier (Seasonal basis) in Kasungu, Limbe, Lilongwe and Mzuzu Offices.
DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
The Tobacco Classifier shall be reporting to the Principal Tobacco Classifier responsible for providing tobacco classification services in the Commission.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Classifying and awarding correct grades to tobacco laid on the floors before sales;
2. Enforcing rules and regulations that govern tobacco deliveries and sales;
3. Collecting tobacco samples for submission for pesticide residue analysis and nicotine levels;
4. Conducting tobacco classification, grading, and presentation courses;
5. Preparing and submitting weekly, monthly and annual sales reports;
6. Identifying pest-infected tobacco bales for necessary remedial action;
7. Solving job-related challenges;
8. Preparing and submitting reports on tobacco crop assessment surveys;
The desired candidate must possess at least a Diploma in Agriculture with traceable experience in tobacco production and marketing.
The desired candidate must demonstrate the following person specifications:
1. Knowledge of the fabric of the tobacco industry in Malawi;
2. Basic knowledge of tobacco production and marketing and its related challenges;
3. Good interpersonal and communication skills
4. Attention to detail
5. Good analytical skills and ability to resolve issues with speed
6. Impartiality, objectivity and high levels of integrity
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested persons with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their applications under confidential by post enclosing copies of certificates and a detailed Curriculum Vitae with names and contact details of three traceable referees by 11th March, 2022 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
P.O. Box 40045
Email : email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.